Windows Server 2012 Datacenter
Large organizations that invested an ample amount of funds in virtualization best fit Windows Server 2012 Datacenter as this will help maximize the company’s performance and operations.
Windows Server 2012 Datacenter needs both server and client access licensing. Server license entails installation of server. Each user or device that accesses the server needs Client Access Licenses or CALs.
Windows Server 2012 Datacenter has the same features as Windows 2012 Standard – except in acquiring license for guest operation system in virtual machines. By using Windows Server 2012 Datacenter, you can install an unlimited number of virtual instances of Windows Server 2012 in virtual machines using the host server.
Windows Server 2012 Datacenter covers two CPUs. Because you will need to get license per CPU, you will have to obtain another license(s) for other CPU(s).
• Provide excellent data storage solutions via industry standard hardware
• Create backup to protect server and client information
• Carry full Remote Desktop Services that make it possible for users to link to virtual desktops
• Allow staff who work through their mobiles to access and sync work files securely from the corporate server to their devices
• Allow limitless number of users on condition that they have acquired CALs for every user
• Divide physical servers into two or several groups and make use of automatic failover to make sure of the availability of the servers in case of downtime, whether planned or unplanned
• Comprise centralized dashboard that allows the viewing or execution of task(s) in all servers through the Server Manager
• Include Remote Desktop Services and Active Directory Rights Management but you will need additional CALs to use these
Windows Server 2012 Pre-Installation System Requirements (Minimum):
• DVD Drive
• 32 GB Disk Space
• 512 MB RAM
• 1.4 GHz 64-bit Processor
• Super VGA (800 x 600) or higher-resolution monitor
• Internet access
• Keyboard and Microsoft mouse or other well-matched pointing device